Asbestos is a mineral found in nature in a fibrous form, used for decades in both civil and industrial fields. This material is dangerous when its fibers are dispersed in the environment and can be inhaled thus increasing the risk of:
- Pleural mesothelioma;
- Lung cancer.
For this reason, a series of specific regulations have been issued, aimed at suspending its use and imposing severe restrictions for the remediation of contaminated environments. S.E.A. Srl, has a dedicated team, made up of highly qualified personnel and in possession of all the requirements related to the "Coordination for the planning and implementation phases" of the asbestos remediation works.
Each asbestos decontamination intervention starts from a detailed Risk Assessment by:
- Classification analysis;
- Assessment of the degree of environmental contamination;
- Assessment of the degree of exposure of workers;
- Planning a personalised project;
- Fulfillment of the practices with the competent bodies.
In compliance with current legislation, the remediation intervention is structured as follows:
- Confinement: separation of the contaminated area from the external environment;
- Encapsulation: treatment of the contaminated surface with blocking products;
- Removal: definitive removal of the material and restoration of the affected environment.
S.E.A. srl carries out the remediation work using state-of-the-art equipment and validated by National and International Entities.