The drainage system designed by S.E.A. Srl - Environmental Ecological Services - is part of an integrated process for the removal of tanks for petroleum products called "Waste 0" in which different time phases and specific technologies are integrated, aimed at obtaining the following main advantages:
- Reduction of waste produced
- Increase in recovered raw materials
- Reduction of operation times
- Economic increase due to the hydrocarbons recovered following their reuse
- Reduction of the quantity of residual slurry that can be removed manually from the tank
- Reduction in the number of operating personnel inside the tank
- Increased safety of personnel in the operational phase
- Reduction of atmospheric emissions during drainage operations
- Increased environmental compatibility of drainage intervention
The effectiveness of the process is based on the structural modularity of the operating system and the professional experience that has made it possible to use integrated and independent dual technologies based on the different needs.
They are automated systems for the drainage and homogenization of tanks and basins of any size containing any type of material, designed and manufactured directly by S.E.A. Srl.
Thanks to this system there is no need for company personnel to enter the tanks; total extraction of the sludge is undertaken automatically. It can be installed in the tanks either from the lower manholes (SBHD) or from the roof of the tank (RBHD). Both operating systems have a device which controls and eventually reduces odour emissions. Regular check-ups are carried out automatically inside the tank basin by specific H2S and O2 sensors. The values of these parameters are recorded and any excess of the alarm thresholds will determine the automatic shutting down of the system operation (engine off).